1. Yadav D, Lowenfels AB. The epidemiology of pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer. Gastroenterology. 2013;144:1252–1261.[PMC free article][PubMed]
2. Xu W, Zhou YF, Xia SH. Octreotide for primary moderate to severe acute pancreatitis: A meta-analysis. Hepatogastroenterology. 2013;60[PubMed]
3. Uhl W, Büchler MW, Malfertheiner P, Beger HG, Adler G, Gaus W. A randomised, double blind, multicentre trial of octreotide in moderate to severe acute pancreatitis. Gut. 1999;45:97–104.[PMC free article][PubMed]
4. Liu JS, Wei XD, Lu ZB, Xie P, Zhou HL, Chen YY, Ma JM, Yu LZ. Liang-Ge-San, a classic traditional Chinese medicine formula, protects against lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation through cholinergic anti-inflammatory pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:21222–21234.[PMC free article][PubMed]
5. Zhang JW, Zhang GX, Chen HL, Liu GL, Owusu L, Wang YX, Wang GY, Xu CM. Therapeutic effect of Qingyi decoction in severe acute pancreatitis-induced intestinal barrier injury. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:3537–3546.[PMC free article][PubMed]
6. Li J, Zhang S, Zhou R, Zhang J, Li ZF. Perspectives of traditional Chinese medicine in pancreas protection for acute pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2017;23:3615–3623.[PMC free article][PubMed]
7. Ji CH, Tang CW, Feng WM, Bao Y, Yao LQ. A Chinese Herbal Decoction, Huoxue Qingyi Decoction, Promotes Rehabilitation of Patients with Severe Acute Pancreatitis: A Retrospective Study. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016;2016:3456510.[PMC free article][PubMed]
8. Zhu FS, Zhu GY, Huang DP, Shen XY, Yang CQ, Gao HJ. [Effect of Qingyi Decoction on gene expression profiles of severe acute pancreatitis rats by gene chip technique] Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2014;34:51–55.[PubMed]
9. Zhang XM, Chen HL, Wang ZH. [Expression of secretory type II phospholipase A2 in acute lung injury following acute pancreatitis and interventional effect of Qingyi decoction on it] Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2010;22:518–521.[PubMed]
10. Liu Z, Ma N, Zhong Y, Yang ZQ. Antiviral effect of emodin from Rheum palmatum against coxsakievirus B5 and human respiratory syncytial virus in vitro. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2015;35:916–922.[PubMed]
11. Li J, Wu Y, Zhang S, Zhang J, Ji F, Bo W, Guo X, Li Z. Baicalein protect pancreatic injury in rats with severe acute pancreatitis by inhibiting pro-inflammatory cytokines expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;466:664–669.[PubMed]
12. Yao WY, Zhou YF, Qian AH, Zhang YP, Qiao MM, Zhai ZK, Yuan YZ, Yang SL. Emodin has a protective effect in cases of severe acute pancreatitis via inhibition of nuclear factorκB activation resulting in antioxidation. Mol Med Rep. 2015;11:1416–1420.[PubMed]
13. Li ZF, Xia XM, Huang C, Zhang S, Zhang J, Zhang AJ. Emodin and baicalein inhibit pancreatic stromal derived factor-1 expression in rats with acute pancreatitis. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2009;8:201–208.[PubMed]
14. Zhang XP, Li ZF, Liu XG, Wu YT, Wang JX, Wang KM, Zhou YF. Effects of emodin and baicalein on rats with severe acute pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:2095–2100.[PMC free article][PubMed]
15. Li Z, Xia X, Zhang S, Zhang A, Bo W, Zhou R. Up-regulation of Toll-like receptor 4 was suppressed by emodin and baicalin in the setting of acute pancreatitis. Biomed Pharmacother. 2009;63:120–128.[PubMed]
16. Schmidt J, Rattner DW, Lewandrowski K, Compton CC, Mandavilli U, Knoefel WT, Warshaw AL. A better model of acute pancreatitis for evaluating therapy. Ann Surg. 1992;215:44–56.[PMC free article][PubMed]
17. Spormann H, Sokolowski A, Letko G. Effect of temporary ischemia upon development and histological patterns of acute pancreatitis in the rat. Pathol Res Pract. 1989;184:507–513.[PubMed]
18. Williams JA. The Pancreapedia: Exocrine Pancreas Knowledge Base; 2010. Isolation of rodent pancreatic acinar cells and acini by collagenase digestion.
19. Chen K, Zhang S, Ji Y, Li J, An P, Ren H, Liang R, Yang J, Li Z. Baicalein inhibits the invasion and metastatic capabilities of hepatocellular carcinoma cells via down-regulation of the ERK pathway. PLoS One. 2013;8:e72927.[PMC free article][PubMed]
20. Bie B, Sun J, Li J, Guo Y, Jiang W, Huang C, Yang J, Li Z. Baicalein, a Natural Anti-Cancer Compound, Alters MicroRNA Expression Profiles in Bel-7402 Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:1519–1531.[PubMed]
21. Jakkampudi A, Jangala R, Reddy BR, Mitnala S, Nageshwar Reddy D, Talukdar R. NF-κB in acute pancreatitis: Mechanisms and therapeutic potential. Pancreatology. 2016;16:477–488.[PubMed]
22. Penido A, Coelho AM, Molan NT, Silva FP, D’Albuquerque LA, Machado MC. Do opioid receptors play a role in the pathogenesis of the inflammatory response in acute pancreatitis? Acta Cir Bras. 2012;27:600–605.[PubMed]
23. Shrivastava P, Bhatia M. Essential role of monocytes and macrophages in the progression of acute pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:3995–4002.[PMC free article][PubMed]
24. Zhou X, Liu Z, Jang F, Xiang C, Li Y, He Y. Autocrine Sonic hedgehog attenuates inflammation in cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in mice via upregulation of IL-10. PLoS One. 2012;7:e44121.[PMC free article][PubMed]
25. Li J, Zhou R, Zhang J, Li ZF. Calcium signaling of pancreatic acinar cells in the pathogenesis of pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2014;20:16146–16152.[PMC free article][PubMed]
26. Petersen OH, Sutton R. Ca2+ signalling and pancreatitis: effects of alcohol, bile and coffee. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2006;27:113–120.[PubMed]
27. Wu L, Cai B, Liu X, Cai H. Emodin attenuates calcium overload and endoplasmic reticulum stress in AR42J rat pancreatic acinar cells. Mol Med Rep. 2014;9:267–272.[PubMed]
28. Chen HM, Hsu JH, Liou SF, Chen TJ, Chen LY, Chiu CC, Yeh JL. Baicalein, an active component of Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi, prevents lysophosphatidylcholine-induced cardiac injury by reducing reactive oxygen species production, calcium overload and apoptosis via MAPK pathways. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014;14:233.[PMC free article][PubMed]
29. Lopez LF, Dawson SP. Luminal Ca(2+) dynamics during IP3R mediated signals. Phys Biol. 2016;13:036006.[PubMed]
Associate Professor of Marketing
Phone: (281) 396-3754
Office: UHV at Katy 3-86
Dr. Jun Yang received her PhD in Marketing from Syracuse University. She also received a Master's in Statistics from Syracuse University and a Master's in Economics from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. She has taught courses in the areas of marketing management, marketing research, global marketing and internet marketing at Syracuse University, The University of Mississippi, and UHV. She was a recipient of the School of Management Doctoral Student Outstanding Teaching Award while at Syracuse University. Prior to joining the UHV School of Business faculty in the fall of 2009, she held the position of Assistant Professor of Marketing at the University of Mississippi and also served as a dissertation committee member for PhD students.
Dr. Yang's current research interests include e-marketing, network effects, new product diffusion, online social networking, and pharmaceutical marketing. Her research articles have been published in several academic journals including the Journal of Business Research,Journal of the National Medical Association, and others. Additionally, she has presented her research at numerous international conferences, and her work has appeared in additional conference proceedings including the American Marketing Association Educator's Conference, Marketing Science Annual meetings, INFORMS annual meetings, and the Decision Science Annual Conference.
Additionally, Dr. Yang has served as a reviewer for several premier conferences. She also served as the co-chair for a special session, titled Marking and Operations Interface in Supply Chains for the Decision Science Annual Conference (DSI) in 2007.
Recently, Dr. Yang served as a marketing consultant for the Victoria Bach Festival. She currently holds professional memberships in the American Marketing Association, INFORMS, and the Decision Sciences Institute.
In recognition of her scholarly achievements, Dr. Yang received the 2013 Partnership Professor Award from the School of Business Administration, UHV.
- PhD - Syracuse University, Marketing, 2005
- MS - Syracuse University, Applied Statistics, 2005
- MPhil - Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Economics, 2000
Courses Taught at UHV
- MGMT 6378 - Seminar in E-Commerce
- MKTG 3303 - Principles of Marketing
- MKTG 4313 - Marketing Research
- MKTG 4316 - Electronic Marketing
- MKTG 6352 - Strategic Marketing Management
- MKTG 6372 - Marketing Research
- MKTG 6378 - Seminar in E-Marketing